Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Life in the Country

I love living in the country. Each day is a new adventure ( aka: challenge), learning experience and project. It also  brings wonderful eye candy and inspirations from nature. We have learned many obscure things since moving here, the latest is to leave the hood up on your car when you go away for a week. Why? Because mice will fill your car fan with dog food and insulation! I got into my car to drive - the fan sounded like ground glass when turned on and the car smelled like dog food. Much investigation revealed ....
My fan! This took a major effort for a squadron of mice...
We have wonderful neighbors with a large farm full of all manner of creatures. Here are 2 looking at me from across the yard.
We are undertaking the ultimate country task - a vegetable garden. No small feat. The ground here is rock with a little dirt, so we have decided on raised beds. The project begins with digging...

My two favorite men at work...well at least one of them is working, the other is looking for gophers.
Phase I is to spread a layer of gravel....oh my aching back.

Probably a little ambitious, but I rarely do things small. More to come on this....

No comments:

Post a Comment