Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Day 2

Busy day getting the studio ready for a class this weekend. I managed to "make a mess" on top of a painting that was not working for me. I noticed it did not have any green in it, so I added green ink and paint. I am trying to get the distracting figures to go away, they are just not right. So it went from this:

to this....

I basically flipped it upside down. The photo is not great. I can still see the figures, but there are some really pretty areas I will keep... 

and I see something else to work with, hopefully tomorrow it will still call me. 
This is how it goes with my paintings sometimes. On the other hand I finished a small painting:

I am thinking I need to do this one BIG...I love the face.



3 comments:

  1. I love the face on that little painting too - It will be interesting to see how your "paint over" turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little painting with the bumble bee!

    ReplyDelete