Friday, August 24, 2012

Homemade Easels

I took a day off from painting to make 2 easels with my own two hands. I had the lumber cut at the yard and basically put them together with screws. One piece of 4x8' plywood. Some 1x2" lumber and 4 wheels. I got the idea from Jesse Reno. He has these all over his studio and they are so much more flexible than a regular easel. 2 surfaces to use, storage in between, adjustable rail to put your painting on and two easels can be combined for a giant painting. My hubby was impressed. I did not have to ask for any help and I only spilled a minimal amount of blood!



6 comments:

  1. Well done!!! Super cool idea!!!! Karen, do you mind sharing dimensions of the wood pieces?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a clever one! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! I wish I had room in my studio for a double-sided easel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, aren't they great. I saw those in Jesse's studio, too, and thought, definitely have to make those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these easels! Saw your post in Magically Mixed FB group and would love to know details.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...great idea and impressive handiwoman skills!

    ReplyDelete