Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Joy of Teaching


I just returned from teaching my class "Imperfect Beauty" at the Pacific Northwest Art School on beautiful Whidbey Island, WA. I had a wonderful experience and was able to work with an amazing group of women. We shared and took risks and enjoyed the process of making expressive faces for 2 days. Here is some of the awesome work they produced in such a short time. ....
















Colorful, loose, original, joyful art! What more can you ask for?




3 comments:

  1. Great work! Must have been the best time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen,
    I moved to Grants Pass recently and saw your work by the door of the art museum and loved it! I am a writer, and I am thinking of self-publishing my book. How much would you charge to paint a book cover?
    Thanks,
    Elena
    elena.patrick@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, I LOVE your art! I stumbled upon you through the Magically Mixed Art Community on Facebook. Sandi Floyd Tygar posted a pic of some funky jewelery she made with you, which I loved. So I followed your links and ended up here (YAY!). I wish I lived near you to take some of your yummy sounding courses. Do you think you might post a tutorial for making the lovely jewelery pieces similar to what Sandi posted on the MMC facebook group?

    ReplyDelete