Saturday, July 30, 2011

Busy Summer

The heat is finally here in southern Oregon and I am busy in my "cool" studio. I have been working in all sorts of media and a variety of surfaces - basically I am playing and having a blast. I was inspired by an entry on The Sketchbook Challenge about artist  Lynne Hoppe doing watercolors and pencil on old book pages. I have been trying to do a page every day - I just love the look and want to do something BIG....
These are done with watercolor pencils and white gouache...
in contrast I just finished 3 (yes really) paintings. Here is the one I submitted for the 2011 Southern Oregon Art Show at the Firehouse Gallery in Grants Pass, Oregon from August 5-26th.
I call it Equine Dreams. The horses were a happy accident - paint drips that looked like horses heads. This is me trying to be a looser painter. I would love to know what you think.


No comments:

Post a Comment