Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

I have been super productive during the holidays and wanted to share some of my sketches to start out the new year. I enrolled in the "Sketchbook Project," and have been working in my book. The goal is to fill it and get it in the mail by 1/15/2011. I am not sure I will make it, but at least it has me working in it!



I am enjoying the sketching, but am not in love with the book. The pages are thin and you can see the images through the pages. I am limited to pencil, conte crayon and ink. I do like the monochromatic look though....

2 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about you and your sketchbook this past weekend!! Mine is in my purse and has become a sort of "art list and thoughts" book and will not make it in the mail!! LOL I love your sketches you've shared, especially the snowman. Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just great! I did this project last year and found the pages too thin, so I glued several pages together with gel medium. The I didn't have to commit to so many pages either!

    Tara

    ReplyDelete